The Touch 4 fingertip control is a new approach to TIG welding amperage control. The idea is simple and innovative, and the result is a steady hand and simple control at your fingertips. Instead of a knob that you have to turn or a slider that you have to move while trying to hold your TIG torch steady, the Touch 4 relies on pressure applied by your finger. The Touch 4 works in steps: you apply pressure to turn on the contactor, giving you your low-amps setting, and then you increase pressure through 4 steps: 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of the setting on your panel. Set the amps on your panel to about 33% more than the suggested current for the thickness and metal type, and then you simply dither to create the puddle and weld that you want. Works best for applications where you are normally at the full amperage set on your welder but occasionally need to back off the heat. The Touch 4 is designed to work with almost any welder and can be used to replace Miller hand controls such as the RCCS-14 (043668) or RCC-14 (151086), Lincoln models such as K963-3 Hand Amptrol, ESAB, Thermal Arc, AHP, Everlast, and more. Includes 30-day money-back guarantee. Patented, designed, and made in the USA.
- Click here to learn more: Product Info and Instruction Sheet
- Click here to watch a demo video on YouTube
This product will not work on the following welders:
- Will not work on Thermal Arc 186 or ESAB ET 186i welders (foot pedal p/n W4013200).
- Will not work on Miller EconoTIG. It allows on/off but no control when used on the EconoTIG.
- Will not work on any Everlast PowerMTS welder (MIG/TIG/Stick). We cannot make this product for any Everlast MTS welder. The MTS welders require the foot pedal or hand control to have the 7-pin male plug (with pins). The SSC version (model number T925-0725) has the 7-hole receptacle on the plug (with sockets).